1. Can I use the FIRSTFIT guides for removing bonded restoration? As long as the restoration is within the margins of the preparation then the guides can be used to prepare the teeth, no matter if it is composite bonding or amalgam.
2. What do I do if there is decay or fractures beyond the margins of the preparation? Take a new impression and use the crown as a temporary. A new FIRSTFIT guide series will be sent to you at no charge.
3. Will the water get trapped in the guide during preparation? Yes, the water does exit the spray port and cools the cut.
4. What do I do if the guides have turned yellow? The guides may turn slightly yellow over time. The color of the guides does not matter and have been proven to be biocompatible. For esthetic purposes, we suggest you use the guides in a month.
5. What if my patient has a small mouth? Limited mouth opening is a contra-indication for this procedure.
6. What type of impression material do I use for these restorations? Any brand of polyvynlsiloxane impression material.
7. What type of cement should I use for these restorations? Any brand of glass ionomer cement.
8. Is there a certain way to hold these? What if it breaks? The FIRSTFIT guides should be held at the top. This is the thickest part. If the guide does break we will replace it for you. On an Rx form please list the case order, patient name and the guide number that needs replaced. Each guide is numbered on the top.
9. I broke the cradle on the hinge area, but I think I can still use it, any advice on this? Please discard this guide, we will print and send you a new one. On an Rx form please list the case order, patient name and the guide number that needs replaced. Each guide is numbered on the top.
10. If I didn’t achieve the correct prep, but the crown falls in place. What can I do then? If the margins are good the crown can be delivered. You can get a new impression of the prepped tooth, and use the crown as a temporary. We will fabricate the crown with the traditional process. If the crown doesn’t fall in place, you can make adjustments to the cavity side of the crown.
11. Is there anything I need to do to the guides before I use them? Yes, submerge all guides into warm water prior to every use for 5 seconds per guide. Also verify the bur is securely locked into the hand piece. A bur check tool is available in each FIRSTFIT starter kits. Also, make sure the hand piece locks into the handpiece.
12. What restorative materials can be used with the FIRSTFIT technology? FIRSTFIT restorations are available in Zirconium, Lithium Disilcate and Porcelain Fused to Metal.
13. Can I use my own hand piece? Or, my hand piece doesn’t fit. Right now we can only allow for LARES 557 hand piece. It provides the best torque and smallest head of the brands tested.